Weekend Mass Times at St Joseph's Nambour
- Saturday Vigil at 6.00 pm.
- Sunday 7.00 am and 9.00 am.
- The Hospitality Ministry provides tea, coffee and much cake after each Mass.
Weekend Mass Times at St John Bosco Church, Kenilworth
- Third Sunday of each Month 11.00am
- On other Sundays of each Month there is a Lay Led Liturgy at 9.00am
- At St John Bosco Church, Anne St, Kenilworth.
- Fourth Sunday of each Month except December at 5.30pm
- We gather at St Augustine's Anglican Church, 13 Hill St, Palmwoods.
- Bring something for a shared meal afterwards.
- No Mass Christmas Day. See St Joseph's times.
- 5th February
- 7th May
- 30th July
- 5th November
- Saturday 8th April 10am-11am
- Saturday 8th April 4pm-5pm
- Wednesday 12th April 9am-9.45am
- Wednesday 12th April 10.30am-11am
Weekend Mass Times at Palmwoods
Proposed Masses to be held at Yandina during 2017The Eucharist will be celebrated on these Sundays:
Lent & Easter 2017
Reconciliation Liturgy for Lent 2017 will be held on Wednesday 5th April at 7.00pm.
Stations of the Cross will be held on the Fridays of Lent beginning Friday 10th March at 8.00am.
Individual Reconciliation for Easter
Holy Week Liturgies at St Joseph's 2017
- Holy Thursday 13th April:
- Mass of the Lord's Supper at
- Good Friday 14th April:
- Stations of the Cross: 10.00am
- Celebration of the Lord's
- Easter Vigil Mass 15th April:
- 7.00pm. The Service of Light with the Easter Fire.
- Easter Sunday Masses 16th April: 7.00am and 9.00am.
A special Liturgy of the Word is provided for children during
the 7.00am and 9.00 am Masses at St Joseph's, except during School
There will be no Children's Liturgy at the 6pm Mass till further notice.
Volunteers take the children from the beginning of Mass and they return to their families for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
Weekday Mass Times
- Monday 8.00 am.
- Tuesday No Mass
- Wednesday 10.00 am. (On the first Wednesday of each Month the Anointing of the Sick is celebrated.) This followed by a social gathering for Seniors in the Community Centre.
- On first Thursday of month at Nambour Nursing Home at 11.00 am
- On second Thursday of each month at Sundale Nursing Home Chapel at 11.00 am
- Friday 6.30 am.
Ukrainian Catholic Rite
Mass is held at 4.00pm on the Second Sunday of each month at St Josephs.
For details contact the Ukrainian Catholic Parish of Our Lady of
Protection in Brisbane:
Administrator: Fr Stefan Sapun. Parish Priest: Fr Jarko Pasok, Tel/Fax (07) 3391 6004
Assistant: Fr Danilo Novak, Tel/Fax (07) 3391 7243
Sr Cecilia Fystor SSMI, Tel/Fax (07) 3391 7007.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- First Rite:
Wednesdays: 9.30 am (before the 10.00 am Mass)
- Second Rite:
Sacraments of Initiation
Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
Please contact the Parish Office for details. 5441 1034 or go to the following links:Infant Baptism -- Confirmation and First Eucharist
First ReconciliationFirst Reconciliation preparation usually takes place in October each year. See this link for details: First Reconciliation.
PlaygroupSt Josephs Playgroup meets each Monday during School Terms at 9.00am in the Ryan Room. Contact the Parish Office for details.
ColumbariumThe Parish has two Columbarium Walls and Memorial Wall. For information about the Columbarium you can download the brochure here:
Welfare Agencies in NambourDetails of seven agencies offering help to those in need can be found here: WELFARE AGENCIES
We now have a list of people who have made themselves available
to do odd jobs (replacing tap washers, light bulbs, etc) as well as
So, if these types of jobs get beyond you due to illness, age or any family difficulty, please just pick up the phone and call the Parish Office on 5441 1034.
"Companions"Would you like to gather a group of people to share a meal and prayer? Several families do it already.
This is a simple way of sharing our faith and supporting one another in it.
It also helps us to be aware of our baptismal vocation to share the Gospel.
You can download a suggested format here (sorry, no recipe!):
Prayer for Home Meal Gatherings
You are invited to register on the Parish Census.
Please download the Census Card
You are also invited to become a member of the Planned Giving
A Pledge Card can be downloaded here:
- Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
from 8.30 am to 2.00 pm.
Phone: 07 5441 1034.
Fax: 07 5441 7632
The following people can be contacted through the Parish Office:
- Pastoral Council:
- Dave Cuskelly, Barbara Krebs, Sue Thomson, Marie Lynch, Colin Allen, Bernadette Natoli, Susan Brinnand, Lisa McNicol, Nick Kelly and Paul De Wolfe.
- Liturgy Committee: Maureen Murphy
- Liturgical Music: Darlene Malone
- Servers: Maureen Murphy
- Readers: Barbara Krebs
- Eucharistic Adoration: Adrian Eldridge
- Liturgical Art & Environment: Joan Pobjoy
- Communion to the Sick: Mary Juratowich
- Funeral Hospitality: Linda McCorley
- Children's Liturgy: Fiona Simm
- Baptism Ministry: Rosanna Tumelty
- Sacramental Program: Rosanna Tumelty
- RCIA: Darlene Malone
- Ecumenical Ministry: Joan Pobjoy
- Rosters: Lynette Pursell & Annette Baker
- Helping Hands: Jan Imarisio
Parish Priest: Fr Graham Gatehouse PP.
Hospital Chaplaincy:Please contact priest on the emergency number below or you local Parish.
To contact a priest in an emergency please use the 24 hour answering service: 07 3836 3221 and leave a contact number with the operator.
Other AgenciesThe following can be contacted directly:
- Outside School Hours Care: Debbie Healy 5441 7646.
- St Vincent de Paul Shop in Rigby Street, Nambour.
- St Joseph's Parish School: Principal Ms Margaret Pont. Phone: (07) 5441 3508
- St John's College: Principal Mr Chris Gold. Phone: (07) 5441 5666. The College is an Archdiocesan owned and run school.
- Centacare Catholic Family Community Services has a counselling service each week in the Nambour. Inquiries can be made by ringing the Maroochydore office (07) 5479 4755.
St Joseph's Community CentreThe Rooms of the Community Centre are available for Parish activities and others on application.
Please phone the Parish Office 5441 1034.
The Ryan Room (In the Fr Sylvester Ryan Building) is available for Parish activities and others on application.
Please phone the Parish Office 5441 1034.